Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baby News

Hello family! We had our ultrasound today. Well, I had the ultrasound, but the boys all came to watch. We’re excited to announce that the next baby White is a boy. Daniel and I are running out of boy names, so we’ll take the next 4 1/2 months to try and figure that out.

This pregnancy has been a bear. Early on, the doctor diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarum, which is basically just morning sickness severe enough to keep me from doing much of anything. The down side is that I’ve spent more time in bed than out of it over the last several months, but on the upside I lost 15 lbs in the first trimester. Luckily, my boys are old enough to forage for food on their own during the day, and I’ve got a great husband who is willing to do most of the cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping after work. It has eased up over the last few weeks to “just” morning sickness, so it’s still not fun but at least I’m not spending so much time in bed.

Our other exciting news is that we’re buying our first home. We’re so thankful for all the help our family and friends have been willing to give—packing, painting, flooring, watching the kids—we really feel loved. Dad built me a great pantry that I’d post a picture of if I wasn’t so lazy. We literally could not have done it on our own, so it is a blessing to have a strong support system.

Congrats to Jared (and family—I know it takes more than just the scout!) on earning your Eagle. Laura, I hope you’ll post more about his project and pics of his Court of Honor for those of us who can’t attend. What a great accomplishment.

No comments: