Saturday, November 8, 2008

Aaron's Baptism

Aaron was baptised on November 5th. The picture above is from the first baptism that was attempted. Aaron has a fear of water, we call him the cat. So back in June when he turned 9 he said that he was ready to be baptised at grandma C's church. (they live in Santa Maria only 7 hours away) We packed up and went to Grandma's house. I invited my parents and family who also made the drive to attend the baptism. So were ready to go, Kevin walk down into the font but no Aaron. He had disappeared. I saw Jared running up and down the hall looking for him. Aaron gave Kevin the slip and was gone. So everyone started searching for him in the church and grounds. As I was thinking about how far a kid in a white jump suit with no shoes could get I decided to double back and check the men's dressing room. Sure enough under a bench looking like pile of towels was Aaron. Only at a Taylor baptism would there be a search party. Needless to say this story has a happy ending. Aaron found the courage to go under the water and was baptised.

No comments: